Celtic Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celtic Knights

A Najena MMORPG from Everquest 2

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kryack Raid FYI

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Justalon

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Kryack Raid FYI Empty
PostSubject: Kryack Raid FYI   Kryack Raid FYI Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 11:47 am

Hi all, I figured I would just post a brief FYI about my current weekend play times and my raid intentions for the future.

Currently, my weekend play times are very erratic at best. I work a full time 9-5 job during the week as a DBA/Programmer, but I also consult for the University I used to work full time for on the weekends. So, I am generally online on the weekends but I tend to go AFK a lot at random times. Being a heavy raider in my EQ days, I know how hard it is for the raid leaders when people are going AFK and leaving during raids, so I prefer not to do that. This consulting contract was supposed to be over with back in August of last year, but they have yet to find a replacement for me and they keep extending my contract. They are paying me a lot for the little I do, so I can't justify not doing it ha ha. This one ends in May though and I really don't see a reason for them to renew it, but hey, if they want to continue to pay me, that's fine with me!

I am also getting married at the end of April and the weekends are pretty much the only time we get to plan and prepare for the upcoming wedding. That's making things a lot busier on the weekends than they would normally be!

That being said, I used to love raiding in EQ and look forward to doing it again (we raided almost every night in EQ for a couple years and for the most part, it was a lot of fun - I won't ever be able to be that hardcore again though, age has caught up to me!). I plan on just taking the time I have to level up and then hopefully starting in May I might actually be able to plan to join you guys for a raid or two on the weekends. I might be able to hit one or two raids before that, but the consulting job and wedding planning (granted my fiancé does most of that hee hee) makes it tough to plan ahead.

I would be raiding with Kryack (64 Guardian at the moment) and/or Munchkinx (64 Conjurer) depending on my role or raid room. I have a third box templer(Sequian), but unless the raid really needed a plate healer, I probably would never raid with her.

Oh, the other issue I have is with ventrilo. I can probably set it up to hear you guys fine, but I run a few different server applications that will not allow me to open the ventrilo ports correctly. I plan to correct that eventually with a new machine I am building, but for now, ventrilo isn't working fully. I might eavesdrop sometime on a raid or two though so I can get a feel on how you guys do things Smile You should consider yourself lucky that I won't be able to talk ....

Ok, that wasn't as brief as I hoped, but hopefully that will give the raiders an idea of what I am up to. I will probably be posting some questions about raids at some point too, hopefully they won't be too newbieish ...

- Kryack (AKA Justalon, Justy, SDP ...)
Back to top Go down
Buttere

Buttere

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Kryack Raid FYI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryack Raid FYI   Kryack Raid FYI Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 5:56 pm

Quote :
I am also getting married at the end of April and the weekends are pretty much the only time we get to plan and prepare for the upcoming wedding. That's making things a lot busier on the weekends than they would normally be!

How many days left?

I can hear the hearts breaking all over Norrath. I can't believe the SDP (Super Dwarven Pally) is getting married!

Wink
Back to top Go down
Justalon

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Kryack Raid FYI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryack Raid FYI   Kryack Raid FYI Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:58 am

Hee hee. From today it's 24 days. I think. If she told me the right date and this isn't some, big, elaborate April fools joke ....
Back to top Go down
Trishnya

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Kryack Raid FYI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryack Raid FYI   Kryack Raid FYI Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 1:05 pm

Justalon wrote:
You should consider yourself lucky that I won't be able to talk ....

How true, how true.

Trishnya
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kryack Raid FYI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryack Raid FYI   Kryack Raid FYI Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kryack Raid FYI
Page 1 of 1