Celtic Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celtic Knights

A Najena MMORPG from Everquest 2

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Swashbuckler Build, AA, Adornments, Etc

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cobra
Admin
Cobra

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Swashbuckler Build, AA, Adornments, Etc Empty
PostSubject: Swashbuckler Build, AA, Adornments, Etc   Swashbuckler Build, AA, Adornments, Etc Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 1:23 pm

First I want to apologized for taking so long doing this. Now lets get down to business.

Rogue Achievements

Option A (HP Spec)
Pick Pocket 1
STR 4-7-4-8-1
AGI 4-6-4-8-1
STA 4-4-8
INT 4-1

Option B (Max Dps Spec)
Pick Pocket 1
STR 8-8-4-8-1
AGI 4-8-4-8-1
INT 5-8

I also have a tank profile ask me if you care for it.

Swashbuckler Achievements

Most players I personally know spec Potency-Style-Reach with all three end abilities, while some choose to go Debuffs-Style-Reach. Here is a quick rundown of the individual lines and what advantages they offer

Reach: The only two choices in this line that are significant enough to put points in are the Hurricane percentage boost and the end-line Reach ability. Increased range on our two AOE Cas and Boosts to our weak ranged abilities are really of marginal benefit to a raiding swashbuckler, but many argue it’s worth maxing out for the reach ability to debuff from afar.

Potency: This line really does not have much to offer the raiding, DPS-oriented Swashbuckler with the exception of the Debuff boosts and the Potency end-line. Guile, Whirl and Turger are all decent choices to throw some points into when trying to reach the final ability, which is nice for a little damage boost via our trigger rate.

Style: Style is probably the best line out there between the Finesse, Insight, On Garde and Censure recast reductions. This is the most direct effect you are going to get on your overall sustained DPS. Advance Warning, while it’s duration is short, does not ward out like the bard ability and can be useful when well-timed during some nastier AOEs.

Debuffs: The debuff line is, well, Debuffs. Boosts for most of our offensive abilities can be found here and can have their effectiveness boosted, however many of our debuffs will have little effect beyond the current amount. Nothing in this line will do anything for your DPS.

This is the way I set mine up.

Swashbuckler Build, AA, Adornments, Etc EQ2_000001

Swashbuckler Build, AA, Adornments, Etc EQ2_000000
Back to top Go down
Cobra
Admin
Cobra

PostSubject: Re: Swashbuckler Build, AA, Adornments, Etc   Swashbuckler Build, AA, Adornments, Etc Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 1:27 pm

Adornments

DPS adornments are pretty obvious, you want to go for whatever can improve your DPS first and survivability second. These would include DPS mod, attack speed, +STR/INT, +CA damage, and related choices.

As far as weapons go, nothing is really a phenomenal boost, but Phantom and Vampiric handles can come in handy when looking for some small power or health procs.

Group Builds

Autoattack is the single most important facet of your DPS. When seeking ideal groups, you must keep this in mind.

Look for doubleattack, melee crit, and DPS mod first. Haste and +CA damage are also important but attack speed is easy to come by via Bravado and most of our CAs have a very low cap.

Here is some more discussion on stats

Combat Art Upgrades

Hurricane, Spurious Bravado, Ruthless Cunning, Perfect Finesse, Swarthy Disorder and Hideaway are not upgraded past level 70. You will need to look into earlier tier zones to get these at master I.

Ranged Damage

Despite the fact that our two ranged combat arts require a pouch, you do not have to use a pouch at the high-end as a Swashbuckler. DPS will always be higher with a fabled bow because of the slower delays and better spreads. That being said, there are a couple decent pouches in VP.
Back to top Go down
Cobra
Admin
Cobra

PostSubject: Re: Swashbuckler Build, AA, Adornments, Etc   Swashbuckler Build, AA, Adornments, Etc Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 1:48 pm

Now for the Casting order.

For nameds I use all temp buffs. Perfect Finese, Ruthless Cunning, On gaurd, then inspire. After names I use on gaurd and Inspire every time it's up unless waiting to use FOR named i know is coming up...

When I do use the on gaurd inspire combo and there it is a group encounter I will get my two AOEs off first so inspire hits everything twice and then hit the faster CAs... tripple blade and uncanny reflexes, eye point etc etc.

As for spacing temp buffs as said before i blow them all on nameds regardless of how long they take and always cast the long lasting ones before pull so I dun have to worry about casting those before i can start getting the DPS pumping.
Back to top Go down
Cobra
Admin
Cobra

PostSubject: Re: Swashbuckler Build, AA, Adornments, Etc   Swashbuckler Build, AA, Adornments, Etc Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 2:08 pm

And if you care to see my screen setup and hotbars here you go..

Swashbuckler Build, AA, Adornments, Etc EQ2_000002
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swashbuckler Build, AA, Adornments, Etc   Swashbuckler Build, AA, Adornments, Etc Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swashbuckler Build, AA, Adornments, Etc
Page 1 of 1