Celtic Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celtic Knights

A Najena MMORPG from Everquest 2

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

War Room / raid set up

Go down 
+3
eladdin
Raymond
waral
7 posters
AuthorMessage
waral
Admin
waral

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2007-11-27

War Room / raid set up Empty
PostSubject: War Room / raid set up   War Room / raid set up Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 10:26 pm

Knights and honorable readers,
To make sure everyone is clear on raid set up let me clear up some confusion. The Parse does not lie!! I keep every parse on almost every raid we do.

Main tank group Cobra is the top dog when it come to DPS with a hate transfer thus he is in the main tank group untill we get a assassin or swashy that can best him on a regular basis. Takkana is the Main tank Dirge. Bama and or Stella when we determine the defiler mystic debate and both have parsed in the same range but if Jerret has to 2 box then bama because it is too hard to two box on a raid in the MT group. Nimmo by far has posted the best numbers in SoH 51% zone wide on our first run which no one has come close too and hands down has the best gear along with adornments over any plate healer.

Mage group Vader is our top troubie a fury would be nice (dillon) Rays, Inman, hops, and cilu are our top mages and deserve their spots in the mage group.

Scout group and MA groups TBD on who showes. we need a dirge assassin and ranger and inq to accent our scout group.
Back to top Go down
Raymond

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: War Room / raid set up   War Room / raid set up Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 6:05 am

I agree with this somewhat, but for the record, I'll go in any group the raid leaders assign me too.

Parses are fun, but shouldn't be the "end-all-be-all" IMHO. Group make up has a lot to do with number.

I think we've got a good MT group setup. And yes, those MT scouts are going to put out the most DPS due to the correct utility class in the group. And I understand how this can make other scouts feel left out. Same goes in the mage groups... Mage / Scout groups are hurting due to Dirge / Troubie, but we can still parse pretty good.

I will say this:

I will gladly step aside in "the mage group" and let someone in my spot for 10 or so fights. If you can out parse my numbers, the spot is yours. Hands down... Everyone deserves a shot. Just ask the raid leader. And ask during an AFK break, or at the beginning.

And for mage group healer... Without a troubie, I'd take Inquis / Templar over a fury right now. Not for heals, but for the group bonuses. If we get a troubie, then the fury for extra DPS. Adding +INT isn't really need with all this gear.

All this being said... If someone isn't "doing their job", or you can do it better, I'd call out in vent, so we all know. Drama in a raid isn't good when it goes to /tells and what not. And if your suggestion is not acted apon, just finish out the raid... Work with the raid leader during the week. There's always next week.

We can't be successful if everyone is closed to new ideas on buffs. Because basically, outside of hate transfers / hate control, it's all about the buffs in the raid. If XYZ is a good raider and pumping out tons of DPS, then they SHOULD get the buffs to impove on that DPS.

Also practice... It takes practice to get better.
Back to top Go down
eladdin

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: War Room / raid set up   War Room / raid set up Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 11:32 am

Well I do what I can and with the buff that others give I would be better. Im not going to diss anyone. I will help in any way or group I get put in. My main purpose is debuffing not DPS that is second.
Back to top Go down
Bamagurl
Admin

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: War Room / raid set up   War Room / raid set up Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 6:40 pm

Rays you are right about the parse. But at the same time it should be about what's best for the raid not about any one person. The best healers should be with the MT. if he dies we all die. If there is a healer better suited for the MT group replace me. My feelings won't get hurt. I know there are things I need to improve right now. If another defiler/mystic is better than me then I need to re-examine what I have to done so I can improve it. That's the way it should be for all of us. We should lay our egos aside and think more about the group than ourselves.
Back to top Go down
finals
Admin

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: War Room / raid set up   War Room / raid set up Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 6:49 pm

HELLO all Raid jester here
i agree with what alot of ppl point that they came up with and JUST SO WE ALL UNDERSTAND that what is best for the raid is all that matters.
I really cant say more then that i have seen ego's fly all over the place on a couple of raid we are all place where we are to improve the raid set up.
If u do not like it then bring it up to an Raid officer in Vent and talk about it.
So plz speak up or u have no reson to complain.
not trying to be mean just i would like to see the raid excell!!!!!! not get mad in private it does not help at all.
Back to top Go down
Vozz

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: War Room / raid set up   War Room / raid set up Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 3:06 pm

My 2 cents…
I believe there are 2 Keys above all else to the success of a Raid Force.

1.) Keep the MT Alive - Whatever we do, this is a requirement, we won't go far if we are not setup in a way that gives us the best chance at keeping the MT alive.

2.) Maximize Raid DPS without stealing aggro from the MT - Our group setups need to be such that we maximize overall Raid DPS, not an individual's DPS. Too much individual DPS means aggro, which means death and dead people don't DPS. The best setup for MAX raid DPS may not be the best setup for your individual MAX DPS.

People should strive to be the best they can, but they need to do it concert with the goals of the raid force, the goal being to complete a raid zone. While it is true that the Parse doesn't lie, it also does not tell the whole truth. If you are spamming damage spells to max your DPS, but failing to also cast debuff spells you may actually be lowering the overall DPS potential of the entire raid force. If you are spamming heals to top the parse, which will result in a lot of lost healing potential because you are also healing when no healing was needed you may find yourself unable to heal the MT when they really need it because of a spell re-use timer not being up resulting in dead MT, then the raid force will fail. If you spam DPS and get aggro and die you will stop doing DPS, dead people don't do damage, hence lower raid DPS. The whole objective here should be about what is best for the raid force. If we do that we will not only get more loot because we kill more stuff, but we will also get better loot as we continue to advance to tougher zones. The last time I checked, what group I’m in did not affect my rolls for loot. How high I am on the parse did not affect my rolls for loot either. Remember, the only time we get loot is when we work together as a team and succeed at killing named mobs. I think you can see the picture I'm painting here.

If you have a suggestion on group assignments please share it with a Raid Officer. They may not have considered what you are going to suggest. But once you have made a suggestion, please do not pester/spam the Raid Officer with tells, all that will do is ruin the Raid for everyone. Be patient and give the Raid Officers the benefit of the doubt, not all suggestions being made can be acted on during the current raid, just because your suggestion is not acted on does not mean you were not heard or understood.

We all play this game to have fun, part of that fun is Raiding. The same is true for the Raid Officers, they have a very difficult and at times, very stressful job to do in leading the raids. They do this for fun too, we need to do everything we can to keep it fun for them, I know they are doing everything they can to keep it fun for us.

Have Fun!!!
Vozz
Back to top Go down
Demm

Demm

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: War Room / raid set up   War Room / raid set up Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:56 pm

I have to add... RESISTS > Stats. Your stats do not matter if you keep dying over and over due to crappy resists!

Raiders average resists should be minimum 8k across the board at level 80. Strats down on MOBs AEs.. Anyone in the raid should be able to swap gear to attain 10k+ in ANY resist.
Back to top Go down
Vozz

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: War Room / raid set up   War Room / raid set up Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:25 am

Agreed, dead people can't kill mobs which lowers overall raid DPS. Dead people distract others from contributing to the demise of mobs when they stop to raise the dead, even further lowering Raid DPS.

Hopefully we will continue to get much better gear for our Raiders by working the SoH zone as planned.

Vozz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War Room / raid set up   War Room / raid set up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

War Room / raid set up
Page 1 of 1