Celtic Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celtic Knights

A Najena MMORPG from Everquest 2

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SPELL CAPS HEAL CAPS DOT CAPS all here

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
finals
Admin

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-11-05

SPELL CAPS   HEAL CAPS    DOT CAPS    all here Empty
PostSubject: SPELL CAPS HEAL CAPS DOT CAPS all here   SPELL CAPS   HEAL CAPS    DOT CAPS    all here Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 6:40 pm

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=403491
Back to top Go down
Raymond

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: SPELL CAPS HEAL CAPS DOT CAPS all here   SPELL CAPS   HEAL CAPS    DOT CAPS    all here Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:28 pm

Good collection of a lot of posts, put into one to-the-point thread.

This is why +SPELL DAMAGE is not as important for Conjy / Necro / Illy / Coercer type classes. Fast casting, lower damage. Never focused much on that specifically.

For fast casting mages the order of gear goes:

%Base Damage Increase (this goes for all mage classes... period...)

+Spell Crit

Damage Proc Gear

Reduce Reuse Timer

+Spell Damage

Once you're at +500 for +Spell Damage, it's time to find Crit Gear. %Base Damage increase is some of the rarest stuff out there. Reason why it's so important is the way Crits work, but there really isn't a good "single, all together" type post on that.

Base Damage > Crits >= Damage Proc > Spell Damage for the classes I play.

Order is a little different with Wizzies and Warlocks. Because they will never max out +Spell Damage.

And... if you are sitting at 1000+ INT raid buffed, you don't get much of anything that just adds more INT. It's why I wear the crappy legandary helm. +28 INT, but it's got +3 to crits.

For instance... Unless you have 2 +Spell Crit earrings, you should ALWAYS wear Mystic Orb of the Invoker.
Even though it's T7...
And doesn't add any resists...
And only gives 30 some INT with +14 adorned...
And not much heath and power...
The damage proc hits a ton during raids. Zone wide being both a conjy and necro, iIt acounts for between 30 and 100 DPS zone wide. Multiple that by all the mages... It adds up quickly. I would only swap that out if I have a +3 to +4 spell crit earring.
But.... If it's a resist fight, it's the first thing I drop gear wise... Because of no resists.
Back to top Go down
finals
Admin

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: SPELL CAPS HEAL CAPS DOT CAPS all here   SPELL CAPS   HEAL CAPS    DOT CAPS    all here Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 9:28 am

WELL i understand what u are saying rays but i know for myself that my coecer needed 1250 Spell damage to cap out all my spells and i sit with about 50% crit just instance gear warlock and wizards type need Vine-wrapped Boots and wand of C power from unrest will increase DS massive cuase they can never reach spell cap ever but i say if u got around 1,000 spell damage base damge % gear mobs and around 50% + crit u are great for mages in RoK not hard to get 1,000+ spell damage just gear alone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPELL CAPS HEAL CAPS DOT CAPS all here   SPELL CAPS   HEAL CAPS    DOT CAPS    all here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SPELL CAPS HEAL CAPS DOT CAPS all here
Page 1 of 1